- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This page could assist you if you are experiencing issues with the z/IRIS IronTap or z/IRIS z/OS Client.
|Table of Contents|
FAQ: z/IRIS IronTap
Q: Why is the application constantly dropping my SMF records?
A: This can have many different reasons. I'll give you some things to check:
- Agent running on jdbc executing systems
- ziris enabled on the jvm -ziris...
- Agent config field/delimiter must match Irontap config
- SMF type must be supported currently SMF101,SMF102. Check the Administration guide for applicable IFCIDs underthese SMF types that can be activated
- Your Instana-Agent isn't running → check the status with the following command: /<agent-installation-directory>/init.d/instana-agent status
This is what you want to see:
If it's not running just use /<agent-installation-directory>/init.d/instana-agent start
- The Instana-Agent is running but your records still get dropped. Check the "config.yaml"-file and ask your mainframe administrator what EBCDIC-Codepage you're using, then compare it with the "ebcdicCodepage"-field (or look at the logs to see if you use the right codepage).
- Is your application instrumented by the agent? Just wait at least 30 seconds or look at the debug-logs of your instana-agent
Q: Losing SMF records / Span queue is constantly near limit
- Statistic output shows many entries similary to
- SMF queue: 980/1000
- SMF queue: 980/1000
A: Increment transformerMapperThreads and transformerMatcherThreads by 1 (scaling)
Q: IFCID 3 - Why is the accumulated CPU Time and Db2 elapsed time zero?
A: The mainframe administrator has to activate class 2 & 3 like in the following Db2 transaction trace-set:
-START TRACE(ACCTG) CLASS(1,2,3) IFCID(3) DEST(SMF) TDATA(CORRELATION)
Instana APM related FAQ
Q: How do I deactivate the Instana JVM Instrumentation for JDBC 4.0 for DB2 for z/OS?
A: Disabling the feature requires the restart of the JVM and the removal of the system property.
Q: How do i interrogate numeric values in searchable tags for z/OS traces?
A: Currently this function is not available for call.tag tags in Instana APM.